CAS Advanced Studies Offer
CAS Advanced Studies Offer is a key element of the Center's activity. It is an annually scheduled agenda of interdisciplinary basic and special lectures (approximately 10 per semester), masterclass lectures for MSc students and PhD seminars. The Offer is addressed to WUT students, either of MSc or PhD studies, as well as to WUT academics.
The CAS Advanced Studies Offer aims at enriching and complementing the students' knowledge, acquired during their majors, and at inspiring their future scientific careers.
Every Semester, the overall attendance of students is estimated at around a few hundred.
The supervision over the CAS Advanced Studies Offer lies within the competence of the Advisory Council - Its members represent various scientific disciplines and carry out innovative research projects. The Council aims at creating a real interdepartmental and intercollegiate cooperation system and, at the same time, prepare up-dated educational and research offer corresponding with the contemporary forms of education and research stimulation.
Organization and coordination
Professor Stanisław Janeczko, Director of the Center for Advanced Studies MA Ilona Sadowska, Coordinator
- Professor Marcin Barlik (Faculty of Geodesy and Cartography WUT),
- Professor Lech Czarnecki (Faculty of Civil Engineering WUT),
- Professor Leon Gradoń (Faculty of Chemical and Process Engineering WUT),
- Rev. Professor Michał Heller (Copernicus Center for Interdisciplinary Studies),
- Professor Stanisław Janeczko - chairman (Faculty of Mathematics and Information Science),
- Professor Mirosław Karpierz (Faculty of Physics WUT),
- Professor Andrzej Koliński (Faculty of Chemistry WUT),
- Professor Andrzej Kraśniewski (Faculty of Electronics and Information Technology),
- Professor Kazimierz Stępień (Astronomical Observatory UW),
- Professor Władysław Włosiński (Polish Academy of Sciences).